As an independent agent, you know that customer reviews are vital to your sales and your online presence. Online review generation is one of the most powerful marketing tools you can use to help grow your business. If you’re looking to step up your online presence and reputation in search engine results, then you need to start with a Google business listing.
Google business listings are an excellent way for independent agents to get their business noticed. They are free and easy to set up, and they allow you to showcase your business to potential customers. With a Google business listing, you can provide important information about your business, such as your address, phone number, hours of operation, and website.
Let’s walk you through the steps of creating a Google business listing and show you how to get the most out of it. We will also give you tips on how to solicit 5-star reviews from your customers.
Step 1: Create a Google Business Listing
To create a Google business listing, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to Google Business Profile (www.google.com/business) and sign into your Google account. (Yes, this is the same as using your Gmail login.)
Click the “Add your business to Google” button.
- Enter your business name, address, and phone number. Make sure this information is accurate and consistent across all platforms. If you do not have a physical office location, you do not need to enter one; entering your service areas later will be sufficient.
- Choose the category that best describes your business. This will help Google understand what your business is about and show your listing to relevant users. We recommend “Insurance Broker”.
- Enter your website URL and any other relevant information about your business.
- Verify your business. Google will send you a postcard with a verification code to an address you provide. Once you receive the postcard, which may take several days, enter the code back at Google Business Profile under the respective listing you created. (If you’re given alternative options for verification and have questions, please feel free to reach out to our team!
Congratulations! After verification is complete, you have successfully created a Google business listing.
Step 2: Optimize Your Google Business Listing
Once your Google business listing is up and running, you will want to optimize it to make sure it stands out from the crowd. Here are some tips to help you optimize your listing and grow your online presence:
- Add photos: A picture is worth a thousand words. Adding photos to your listing can help potential customers get a better sense of what your business is all about.
- Respond to reviews: When someone leaves a review on your Google business listing, make sure to respond to it. This shows that you care about your customers and are willing to engage with them.
- Add keywords: Use keywords in your business description that people might use to search for your services. This will help your listing show up in relevant search results.
- Keep your information up to date: Make sure your business information is accurate and up to date. If your business moves or changes its phone number, make sure to update your listing.
Step 3: Solicit 5-Star Reviews
Now that your Google business listing is up and running, it’s time to start soliciting 5-star reviews from your customers. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask for reviews: Don’t be afraid to ask your customers to leave a review on your Google business listing. You can do this in person or via email.
- Make it easy: Provide a direct link to your Google business listing in your email signature or on your website. This will make it easy for your customers to leave a review.
- Offer an incentive: Consider offering a small incentive, such as a discount on their next purchase, to customers who leave a 5-star review.
- Respond to reviews: As we mentioned earlier, responding to reviews is important. Make sure to respond to every review, whether it’s positive or negative.
Do you need help with any of the above? When you’re a partner with Carolina Senior Marketing, we can answer all of your questions! We even have printed resources you can hand out to clients to help solicit reviews. Whether you’re already partnered with us or are interested in joining a full-service, boutique marketing support FMO, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Steps to Grow Your Online Presence
Creating a Google business listing is an easy and effective way for independent agents to showcase their business and generate online reviews.
By optimizing your listing and soliciting 5-star reviews from your customers, you can improve your online presence and attract more potential customers to your business.
Remember, the key to getting more positive reviews is to provide excellent customer service. Make sure your customers are happy with your services, and then ask them to leave a review on your Google business listing. By following these steps, you can create a strong online presence for your independent agent or insurance sales agent business. If a customer may have had a negative experience, then simply don’t make the ask.
In addition to Google business listings, there are other platforms you can use to generate online reviews, such as Yelp, Facebook, and Angie’s List. It’s a good idea to diversify your online presence and enroll on multiple platforms to reach a wider audience. However, Google is one of the most important platforms to focus on, as it is the most widely used search engine in the world.
Creating a Google business listing and soliciting 5-star reviews from your customers is a powerful marketing strategy for independent agents and insurance sales agents to strengthen their online presence. By following these steps, you can improve your online reputation, attract more potential customers to your business, and ultimately grow your agency.
Look no further than partnering with a North Carolina-based Medicare FMO like Carolina Senior Marketing if you’re not already an independent agent with us. Give us a call at (919) 460-6073 or email email@example.com.